The Choir was formed in Edinburgh in 1947 by Mollie Scott (a Lady Supervisor in the then Rose Street Telephone Exchange). The original ladies only choir recruited gentlemen in 1950 to enable a wider range of music to be undertaken with part singing. Since the 1950’s the Choir members have come from various occupations other than telephonists, however being well known by the original name we have decided not to change it. The Choir has become popular throughout Edinburgh and the surrounding districts with many charities benefiting from monies donated by the group.
Our Annual Concert is held in the Church Hill Theatre over three evenings at the end of April or beginning of May, attracting audiences totalling around 1000. Musical Guest Artists and Dancers are now traditionally included. We sing a wide variety of music: pop, traditional, Songs from the Shows, light classics – any styles that appeal to the choir members and our audiences.